Social Security has a great overview site for new Social Security disability representatives (both lawyers and non-lawyers) going over best practices before the Social Security Administration.
Here are some good tips:
- Timely submit the form SSA-1696 and fee agreement.
- Timely alert the hearing office of any change of address or phone number for either yourself or the claimant.
- Do not submit duplicative evidence.
- Submit evidence as far in advance of the hearing as possible, using electronic records express.
- Before faxing evidence, check to ensure the evidence you are submitting matches the claimant.
- Make sure the barcode is the first item faxed in order to ensure proper identification of all records.