This week, Disability Tips looks at the stages and appeals in Social Security disability cases: application, reconsideration, hearing, appeals council and beyond! We also discuss:
- How long do Social Security cases take at each stage?.
- What are your chances of winning Social Security disability benefits at each state / What percentage of Social Security disability cases get approved.
- When to request medical records for your Social Security disability case.
- Why medical records at hearings are often a year or more out of date.
- When to get a Social Security disability limitations form completed by your doctor.
- How long you have to appeal a Social Security disability denial.
- Which states skip the Reconsideration step and go straight to a hearing.
- What to expect Social Security to send you to a consultative examination.
- How the Appeals Council stage is different from everything that has happened before on your case.
Give it a listen:
Subscribe and rate DisabilityTips on iTunes o subscribe in your favorite podcatcher via RSS.
Image provided by Ryan McGuire.